- Game Problems:
- The game won't load at all, what's wrong?
- Why am I recieving the "Oops!" message?
- Where can I find instructions on how to play?
- What is a tournament and how do they work?
- The bottom and right side of the game are cut off. What's wrong?
- Is there any way to make the game screen bigger?
- Is there any way to change the volume of the game sounds?
- I found a bug in the game, how can I report it?
- I saw someone cheating, what can I do?
- User Accounts:
- I forgot my password or can't log in. What can I do?
- Someone stole my account, can I get it back?
- I accidentally deleted my tank, can I get it back?
- Can you change my tank name or transfer my awards from one tank to another?
Your question not answered? Try contacting us.
1. The game won't load at all, what's wrong?
Java is required to play the game. Check our Java help page for information about how to install or update Java for your browser.
2. Why am I receiving the "Oops!" message?
This message indicates there is a problem connecting to our server. Check our detailed Oops! help page for more information.
3. Where can I find instructions on how to play?
We have a Guide page that explains the basics of how to play and what the different awards and ranks mean. If you have more specific questions about how to play, try asking players on the Bulletin Board.
4. What is a tournament and how do they work?
Tournaments are short games that are open to all registered players. The top 3 players at the end of each tournament are decorated with awards. Be sure to check the Tournament Calendar to find out when the next tournament is.
5. The bottom and right side of the game are cut off. What's wrong?
Your browser has been zoomed out on tankpit.com. Try pressing Ctrl+ while on tankpit.com until the game is visible again, or check your browser menus for how to reset your zoom (typically View -> Zoom).
6. Is there any way to make the game screen bigger?
If your monitor has a high resolution, the game screen might be too small to see comfortably. One way to make the screen larger is to lower the resolution of your monitor while playing. Another option is to magnify the game size on the game settings page. Note that the graphics might look a little blurry using these methods.
7. Is there any way to change the volume of the game sounds?
It is not possible to change the volume in the applet itself. We suggest adjusting the volume of your browser in your sound settings or mixer.
8. I found a bug in the game, how can I report it?
Please report any bugs so we can fix them. Players who show extraordinary effort in reporting bugs may qualify for the Defender of Truth award, so be sure to tell us first! Abusing bugs to harm the game is forbidden.
A useful bug report should be as detailed as possible. Ideally you can tell us exactly how to reproduce the bug. Chances are the common bugs have been reported before, but your information might help us pinpoint and fix the problem. Include screenshots, Java error messages, or video clips if possible.
9. I saw someone cheating, what can I do?
Cheating is not tolerated. If you see someone cheating, please report them including their tank name, awards or rank, an approximate time, and a description of how they were cheating. Keep in mind that we hear a lot of rumors of players cheating with no evidence to support them. Lag or network problems are often to blame.
10. I forgot my password or can't log in. What can I do?
Please keep in mind that account names are case sensitive. If you forgot your password, you can reset it via the forgot password page.
11. Someone stole my account, can I get it back?
It is important to make a unique username and password to prevent anyone from stealing your account. If someone has stolen your account you should contact us immediately. If your account is in good standing we will attempt to get it back for you.
12. I accidentally deleted my tank, can I get it back?
In special cases we may be able to restore tanks that were deleted. Please contact us immediately. Only tanks that have substantial achievements and accounts in good standing will be considered for restoration.
13. Can you change my tank name or transfer my awards from one tank to another?
Due to time constraints we are not able to change tank names or transfer awards for players. Please pick your tank names carefully.
14. Is this a safe place for kids?
We strive to keep this game safe for all ages. Bad language and personally identifying information is filtered from tank names and bulletin board posts. Chat messages in game are restricted to preset commands. If someone has bypassed our filters please contact us so we can take action.
15. Why do I see strange links around the website?
Check your computer or browser for spyware. We have not added advertisement links anywhere on the website so if you are seeing strange links they were added by your own computer.